4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
½ cup flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp dried oregano
4 tbsp (¼ cup) olive oil
4 tbsp (¼ cup) butter
2 large sweet Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
2 cups fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced
1/3 cup pomegranate syrup,
or, 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
Water, as needed
DIRECTIONS1. WASH chicken breasts in mixture of water and vinegar then pat dry using a paper towel.
2. POUND chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/2" (1 cm.) thick.
3. COMBINE flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl or ziploc bag. Coat chicken pieces
in the flour, shaking off any excess.
4. HEAT oil and butter together in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts on
medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned. Turn breasts over
to cook other side. Cook breasts about 2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned,
but not cooked through.
5. REMOVE chicken and set aside.
6. ADD onions and mushrooms to pan, stirring occassionally until onions turn transparent. Add
pomegranate syrup and stir. Then place the chicken breasts back in the pan, coating with
the onion mushroom sauce.
7. COVER, lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add water, in small amounts, as
needed to keep from burning.
8. TRANSFER to serving plate.
9. SERVE with potatos or pasta.