*NOTE although ISNA has not been traditionally the hallmark of Halal certification (without getting into details) this is still welcome news that companies are trying to cater to muslims; be it for their monetary gains or what not...
Therefore it would be still advisable to do your own checking to make sure...
Following is from Cambell's website...
As part of Campbell Canada's commitment to diversity and extraordinary, authentic nourishment for all, we are pleased to introduce a selection of Halal-certified products to help you meet your Islamic dietary requirements.
Quick Facts on Campbell Halal-certified Products
- There are a variety of Campbell Canada products that are now Halal-certified so you have more food options to enjoy with your friends and family.
- These products are certified by the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), the largest non-profit, religious, educational, and non-political Islamic organization in North America. ISNA’s Halal Certification Program was established in conjunction with professionals in the field of Islamic foods and nutrition, and with Islamic scholars. The program includes the review of ingredients, formulas, manufacturing and sanitation processes.
- Our Halal-certified products have been chosen specifically to suit the flavour preferences of the Muslim community.
- In the coming months, all our Halal-certified products will have the ISNA logo directly on their labels, so you can easily identify them at your grocery store.
- You can find our Halal-certified products at all major grocery stores.
For more information on Halal and the Halal Certification Program, please visit the Islamic Society of North America website.
At Campbell Canada, we take great care to ensure that these products are and remain Halal and have an on-going certification agreement with ISNA. If you have questions about Campbell Halal-certified Products please call the Campbell's Consumer Response Center at 1-800-410-7687